Practice Management for Engineers
eTrack is your complete Practice Management system for Engineering Consulting and Construction Project Management companies.
Matured over 20 years thanks to active input and feedback from literally thousands of Engineering Consultants and Project Managers of all Disciplines.
- Modern, clean, intuitive user interface.
- Cloud based using fast, secure Microsoft Azure servers
- Or install locally with remote access from any device
- Depth and breadth of functionality like a multi-million dollar system
- Engineering specific Planning View that auto updates resource requirements
- Fully integrated with Documents, Files and Emails.
- Seamless interface with Xero plus MYOB, Quickbooks/Recon, etc
- Experts in fast and accurate data migration of existing data.
- Uniquely flexible thanks to eTrack’s ‘object’ software architecture
- Only pay for what you use: a Software as a Service model with no contract.
- Licensed so all staff use at once so quickly becomes the source of truth
- 100% Australian with direct support from experts with 12+ years of experience.
How is eTrack different?
We asked our clients what makes eTrack stand out and here are some replies…
- eTrack really understand how Engineers work. Their detailed Task based ‘Planning View’ automatically updates the resource allocations for us that saves heaps of time.
- The system allows us to break Projects into Disciplines, each with different Stages and then Tasks, so it all accurately reflects our business structure and terminology.
- The system provides all the detail Engineers need but with fast automatic updates that means low administration.
- The small admin overhead of using graphical Schedule since Timesheets automatically and separately update both the detailed Task plan and the Schedule.
- The invaluable view of staff allocation and availability over time automatically updated from Schedules.
- We were able to create our own powerful Invoice Templates different for specific clients.
- Saved so much time with the “two-click” conversion of Invoices into PDFs and emailing them plus a seamless interface to Xero [plus MYOB, Quickbooks and others].
- We no longer need a separate Document Management system as eTrack is so comprehensive, and we can re-use all our existing MS Office Quality documents.
- eTrack indexes our existing Project Files [with no duplication] so CAD software can use the same repository and the speed of searching millions of files is amazing.
- The Certification Auditor loved eTrack since it proved compliance by showing actual use of our quality templates, processes, workflow and checklists all with appropriate security.
- The Dashboards are fantastic providing me instant peace of mind (or not!) and all in real time.
How eTrack Helps
Central Repository of Everything!
Track a vast amount of information using eTrack’s simple to navigate user interface.
Search the whole database for projects, contacts, staff, documents, emails, invoices.
Add your own Registers to track Compliance, Training, Assets, Libraries or absolutely anything else.
Customised Views of Projects
Quickly view everything associated with whatever you search for. For example:
- A Project and see contacts, budgets, schedules, documents, emails and invoices.
- A Staff member and see assigned work, managed projects, utilisation and efficiency.
- A Client and see contacts, past projects, profits and statuses.
Engineering Planning View
eTrack recognises the need for Engineers to plan tasks in great details and assign them to different roles and staff at different rates. Tasks can be created from templates and rates selected from a Rate Set defined at the Project or Discipline or Stage level. The tasks are seamlessly rolled up to provide a complete view of resource requirements whether they be staff, roles, equipment or materials.
As time and expenses are entered, so the planning view is updated that flows through to budgets, invoicing, schedules, revenue and dashboards in real time.
Easy for staff to record Time and Expenses
Is it painful to get staff to complete their timesheets?
eTrack makes completing timesheets a breeze and staff are encouraged since reimbursable expenses are entered on the same screen!
Because eTrack is the source of truth of so much relevant information such as work lists, contacts and budgets, all staff have it open all day making entry so much less painful.
Holistic view of all Contacts and Correspondence
Do you tear your hair out trying to collate your staff’s separate Contact lists, update duplicate information, or link your CRM package with your practice management system?
Do you wish you had one click access to everything a client, sub-contractor, supplier or staff member had ever been involved with?
eTrack’s built in CRM is powerful, complete and can be accessed from anywhere. There is one source of truth of information used in contact lists, project contacts, documents, transmittals, invoices, emails and Xero/Myob/Quickbooks.
The is also now no excuse for staff not to add a quick note of all correspondence.
Fast Budgeting using all the Cost and Rate Models
To invoice using eTrack all you need is to define the Fee Type for each Stage and the Fee $ for Fixed Fee Stages.
However, over the years all the more complex cost models have been included if needed such as Time Based, a percentage of the Contract Fee that may itself be a percentage of the revised Construction Value, Variations, Charge out Rate Sets for different Clients or types of Project, Staff Costs and Markups etc.
You choose the level of complexity for each project.
Prepare Invoices using WIP, Writeoffs and %Complete
Everything is clearly displayed on one screen: Revenue Forecasts, Fees, Actual work done, WIP (Work not invoiced), To Bill (Fee Fixed part not invoiced), Writeoffs and Adjustments. Previous Invoices are listed, staff and every timesheet entry viewed plus all disbursements and sub-contractors.
This makes it easy to determine the % or $ to invoice and many of our clients empower their project managers to prepare invoices while maintaining security for the finance team to send them.
Email PDF Invoices & export to Xero/MYOB/Quickbooks/Sage Intacct
Invoice Entries on Stages and Variations are combined onto one Invoice and a tailored template selected.
Invoices can be edited, saved, printed and, in two clicks, a batch of invoices can be converted to PDF and template emails prepared ready for final review and sending.
General Ledger information is seamlessly exported to your accounting system such as Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, Recon (and Sage Intacct coming soon) and payments tracked in eTrack.
Insightful dashboards of cashflow and profit flow from all the information.
Manage Documents & Transmittals and Index your File Server
Document Management is integral to eTrack but can be used stand alone as well.
Create documents using your existing Quality MS Office files and populate fields from eTrack.
Index your whole project file server so you have a holistic view of all files without any duplication.
Search millions of documents in seconds and view meta data, status, revisions and images.
Create Transmittals and Email in one click.
Built in Emails with auto filing
Is one of your biggest headaches the filing of emails and ensuring all staff file theirs?
In the background eTrack will import emails from your existing email system following rules and auto-file them plus attachments. Emails created in eTrack are also filed as you go.
Instead of having three copies of your project structure: in your PM system; on your file server and public folders in your email system, using the Email Module means you only maintain one. Emails are “filed” by referencing eTrack’s project structure that synchronises with your file server.
Schedule Projects and know Staff availability
The scheduling and resource management module has the ease of use of a spreadsheet but with the power of a Gantt Chart. Slice and dice your projects in any way such as a Portfolio view, a Departments view or a Project Managers view of their projects, or simply view one project.
The administrative overhead has been kept to a minimal by timesheets updating the schedules and schedules updating the resource views, all in real time. A popular feature used to keep schedules accurate with minimal updates is to allow all staff to book time but force them to use up the time of someone who is assigned.
Knowing the allocation and availability of your staff by day, week, hours or dollars is paramount to maximizing efficiency and profit. As the MD of SVT Engineering “Stuart Walton” once said: “If an invoice is delayed you might have a cash flow issue, but if a staff member is unallocated or allocated to the wrong work those hours are lost forever.
Powerful Dashboards tailored to your Role
Dashboards these days are a given but given the large extend of the data tracked, eTrack dashboards provide extensive, invaluable information. They are fast and all run in real time so up-to-date.
eTrack comes with a built-in report and dashboard writer allowing easy editing and creation to meet your business needs. Dashboards can be role based so each staff member has access only to what is appropriate and you can choose the security levels.
Prepare for Audits and stay Certified
Maintain certification by ticking many of the boxes required in an audit.
Easily prove that your quality processes are alive and being followed by all staff.
Grow a knowledge base of quality checklists, standardised document and project templates.